Thursday 11 September 2014

Interview with Adam Smith creator of the Wayland- Yutani Archives site

The following is an interview with the wicked Adam Smith creator of the epic Aliens fan site The Wayland Yutani Archives.



Martin: Which of the Aliens franchise was your favorite and why?    

Adam: I always struggle with this one mainly because I cannot just pick one Alien movie.  I love the first three Alien movies equally as all three movies are masterpieces.  I still class the series as a Trilogy.

Martin:Who's your favorite character from the movies.

Adam: Parker.  When I first watched Alien he was the first character I related to as he reminded me of a couple of people  I knew who were older than I.  That gave me my first sense of realism in the film.  Even while growing up and in various job's there was always a Parker type of character there.  Yaphet Kotto absolutely nailed that part.





Martin: Where would you like to see the Alien franchise go considering the mess that was Prometheus?


Adam: Well to be honest, they should just leave the series alone. It ended with Alien 3 and should have stuck with that. Ever since Alien Resurrection I've had nothing but disappointment.

Martin:
What prompted you to create your alien blog?


    
Adam: Back in 1997/98 my former friend of mine and I began working on a web site called 'The Weylan-Yutani Files'. The site was constructed with Yahoo Geocities and was to be about the filmed and unfilmed scenes from the first three movies. A lot of research went into it. Not long after the site was published me and my friend had a fall out. He changed the password to the site and removed it. All my research material gone. In 2009 I spoke to an old friend who mentioned the old site and said I should try again. So, I discovered blogger and started work. Instead of just focusing on deleted material I began adding other things no matter how small. Personally I'm not happy with it, but I still keep it regardless.

You can check out more from Adam on this awesome site here. http://weyland-yutaniarchives.blogspot.ie/

No comments:

Post a Comment