Sunday 7 September 2014

Alien vs Predator ten year anniversary Blue Ray review

So its been ten years since the big disappointment of this movie hit me. When I first saw it in the cinema my brain was making excuse's for the movie. It was bloodless and had cardboard characters. Sure the scope was grand and it took some wicked elements from the comics and other movies but it was still and epic let down.
Regardless I bought the special edition DVD but I still had major issues with the uncut version. So after 10 years and watching the uncut version in high definition is it any bit better. Does the movie deserve a 2nd chance.

Well there one or two extra scenes with team before the entering the temple....it flesh's them out slightly mainly the merc's and Max Straford. They also added digital blood and gore. In some scenes it works in others it can tell been done with computer. As when it first came out the effects and set pieces a top notch and the ADI work shop was on the top of the game with the creatures and monsters. While the predators still look like linebacker footballers their still its an awesome design and the look of the xeno's had improved from their messy shitty color scheme in Alien Resurrection.

So do I still think the movie has gotten better over time....no christ no but I do think its not as bad as people myself included once siad it was.  I still think the movie is still way off the mark but its only real sin is it's an action/adventure rather then a horror/sci-fi and setting it on present day earth was the last nail in the coffin.



No comments:

Post a Comment