Sunday 2 August 2015

Why I think Alien 5 is not such a good idea.

I love the Alien franchise with a passion. To me its my Star Wars/Star trek basically my space opera movie.
I love the Universe the spin offs including the books,comics and games.

I also love Neill Blomkamp...his movies are like the dark sci-fi action movies of the 80s so surely at match made in heaven right. Indeed his style would suit the movie down to the ground....if the movie was made maybe 10 to 12 years ago. The the fact he intends to do the film ignoring the events of Alien3 and Resurrection which indeed the latter being a woeful movie dosent sit right for me. A franchise should at least respect the contributions of others even if their not the best. Ignoring them just dosent seem right with me.
Also saying that another thing is with those less them desirable entries it feels like the franchise is being dragged through the shit and it battered and bruised. Its like a car crash victim being kept on life support.
Sure you wanna keep it going but it becomes more causing more harm then good.

As I said but I loved the franchise and will be first to buy the ticket for the movie but at this very moment I just dont feel its the best idea. Maybe its just me but the likes of Alien Isolation seems like the more natural progression.


No comments:

Post a Comment