Thursday 18 December 2014

Interview with concept artist Aga Romańska

Im chatting to the uber talented concept artist and sci-fi enthusiast and Alien fan .
((she's got a pet chestburster)) Aga Romańska 


Martin: What age were you when you say your first Alien movie and which was it?

Aga: I think I was about 6 or 7 when I saw the first Alien Movie and it was literally the first one, from 1979.Was mentally scarred only for a few years.

Martin: Which charater of the Aliens franchise was your favorite and why?

Aga:  I would say Ripley, for a few reasons. One was, she surprised everyone that a woman played a main character. Two, she's completely badass, not ever breaking down, even when she's been stuck with the Alien for 3 movies. Three, she fought the Queen in a fucking mech.


Martin: Which of the Aliens franchise was your favorite and why?

Aga: I have a dilemma between the first and the third movie. I would say, the Alien storyline is my favourite, but the editing in Alien 3 is great, along with the colour palette. Yup, still can't decide.



Martin: Where would you like to see the Alien franchise go considering the mess that was Prometheus?

Aga: Honestly? I don't think any more films should be made. I think it's best to leave it alone, before any more overly ambitious directors ruin it that bit more. The trilogy is perfect as it is (I'm not gonna aknowledge Resurrection). There is a time when one just has to say ''stop''. However, I would be happy to see more Alien themed games. I've yet to play Alien: Isolation.

Martin:Has parts of the sci-fi series has influnanced your art ?


Aga: Unfortunately, no. I've drawn plenty of Alien fanart, but when it comes to my original work, I'm not inspired by it. However, in the future I would like to experiment more with the theme, maybe mix it into my character designs.It would be a bit of a challenge, but I think it'd prove to be interesting.






You can check out more of Aga's work here. https://www.facebook.com/ArtsyStuffOfAga
                                                                     http://mangakapoof.deviantart.com/

No comments:

Post a Comment